Role: Tech Lead
Work in partnership with the client the Tech Lead, will be joining our engineering team and will be responsible for both hands on Python/Django development, as well as leading and managing the team; ensuring maximum quality of delivery across our projects. The role is about 50% hands on development vs hands off.
The role is right for you if...
You are someone with a strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process, and you are an expert in Python, with knowledge of the web framework Django. You enjoy being hands on as well as client facing, and working as part of an enthusiastic and talented team of engineers.
About the team you will be joining
Dare’s engineering team is made up of Python, PHP and .NET developers, a front end team of React and Vue developers, and an in-house QA team. The engineering team works closely with the design and experience planning teams, as well as project managers.
What you will be doing in your role
- Hands on development across our Python projects
- Managing a team of about 4 friendly and talented developers (mid weight – senior)
- Scoping and estimating work
- Working closely with project managers, client services to ensure smooth delivery of projects
- Attending project status meetings with clients
- Contributing to new business and pitches
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- A minimum of 6 years experience developing web applications
- Solid communication skills / soft skills and attention to detail
- Agency experience is a plus
- Experience managing a small team of developers
- Experience of being client and stakeholder facing
- Expert in Python and Django
- CMS experience, ideally DjangoCMS
- Working knowledge of MySQL or Postgres
- Understanding of SEO optimisation, accessibility and security compliance.
- Standard 3rd party API integration and oAuth2.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git or Mercurial.
- Understanding of using Docker as a virtual machine
- Experience using AWS
- Jenkins CI/CD experience is a plus
About our company
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking, and rigorous strategic approach. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioural science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now commonplace, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do ground-breaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.