Role: UX Writer
Working in partnership with our client, the UX Writer will take a lead role in a large-scale proposition development programme. You’ll join a sprint team of subject matter experts to ideate, develop and deliver a world-class app and web experience. You’ll have a strong understanding of UX best practices, microcopy, journey development, testing and iterating designs. You’ll be the voice of UX writing and ToV in your project team, able to turn complex ideas into clear, concise and compelling copy.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are comfortable working in project teams, advocating for great user experience and playing a vocal part in all stages of product development.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will be based on-site
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Make banking simple for our customers. Use experience, insights and creative brilliance to write copy that is personalised, human, honest and effective. Use content to get the customer where they want to be, help them when they need support and communicate the values of Barclays.
- Have the final say when it comes to customer-facing copy on your projects.
- Implement business strategy by following a continuous optimisation programme, advocating the use of aftercare in all projects so that we improve the value of content as a business asset
- Ensure that when a customer reads our content, they recognise the tone as Barclays. Peer review content written by all colleagues in the copy team and agencies. Always apply our tone of voice, house style, content strategy, customer experience principles and best practice for digital user experience
- Know and understand the KPIs and metrics for Marketing and our content strategy principles. Use this deep understanding when planning, writing, editing and reviewing content.
- Be the copy lead on our biggest and most challenging projects. Always take personal accountability for a project’s success and own your workload.
- Develop the ability to use financial regulations to improve the customer experience rather than hinder it. Be familiar with financial compliance regulations, Advertising Standards Authority, data privacy rules and anti-fraud practices and always follow these guidelines to balance business and customer needs.
- Apply a Conduct lens across all we do and challenge wherever necessary to ensure we are doing the best thing for our Customers, Clients & our Company.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Strong UX writerwith excellent understanding of digital content best practice and UX
- Strong understanding of branding, TOV, content strategy and experience working with other teams in an agile environment
- Ability to pitch ideas and explain reasoning
- Experience working directly with stakeholders, managing their feedback and reslving challenges
- Experience working in agile product development teams
- Experience editing the work of other writers
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking and rigorous strategic approach. After a few years of hiatus, it is now getting its mojo back, under new leadership from Chris Woodward. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioural science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now common place, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.