Role: Delivery Director
The Delivery Director will manage the agency's product delivery, Tech, and Data / SEO personnel and processes. You will be responsible for reviewing all SOW’s, SLA's, and delivery processes and making any relevant changes to processes for both productivity, efficiency, and cost improvements.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone who likes to work in close collaboration with clients and brands. You are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
As Delivery Director you will report directly to the Managing Partner with the mission of reducing our costs, developing our forecasting capability, and revitalizing our production and delivery methods and processes.
You’ll also lead the agencies delivery strategy working alongside other members of the DARE management team (Head of Technology, Head of Experience Planning, FD, Head of Data, Head of Search, Creative Director, Managing Partner) and will be targeted on improvement to the working process of DARE and knowledge retention along with the seamless implementation of production and maintenance processes into new and existing businesses. You will also have line management responsibility for Project Managers.
This is a key opportunity to play a pivotal role in leading the delivery operations of the agency. This role will help to improve DARE’s delivery standards and support the business in its objective of tripling in size within 18 months.
Our unique model is highly saleable to clients and we continue to see strong growth across Dare and Oliver. We now need someone to come in and help accelerate our growth as we seek to cross sell Dare’s capabilities into our 250+ Oliver clients.
The Delivery Director must be an inspirational and charismatic leader of our delivery function and will sit within the agencies core SLT which will consist of the Dare Managing Partner, Dare FD and the UK Oliver & Dare Group MD.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Support for new business activities
- Ensure our client work is always excellent
- Balance the quality and profitability of our output through tracking and reporting on functional metrics
- Forecast global delivery requirements and costs
- Examine and test existing delivery contracts (i.e SOW, estimates & PIDs)
- Foresee alterations in the negotiating position of delivery whilst continuously reviewing the company’s negotiating position and analyze and prepare control strategies
- Maintain strong relationships with global SLT, HOD, and rest of business and act as a central contact
- Negotiate all delivery on-boarding rates and contracts to agree on favorable terms in collaboration with the FD & Managing Partner
- Manage assessments, onboarding, and ongoing Quality Control across the business for delivery
- Monitor QC data, report exceptions & feed into SLT, HOD quarterly reviews
- Day to day operational support and response to delivery queries
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on delivery costs
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Prior experience in managing, implementing, and evaluating sales and client management processes
- Experience in using new and existing processes to increase revenue growth
- Experience in managing technology consultancy activities on a global basis
- Proven experience in creating client delivery strategies
- Client retention improvement
- Experience in maintaining and creating client quality and standard reporting tools
- Succinctly communicate complex problems and proposed delivery solutions
- Create collaborative environments for the delivery team and communicate across teams, including design, experience planning, production, client services.
- Extensive expertise in delivering digital solutions using Agile methodology.
- Strong commercial understanding with demonstrable experience of forecasting and managing costs whilst retaining strong, positive working relationships
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of being able to think laterally
- Ability to think both commercially and strategically
- Experience in working with delivery processes in the digital sector - including what works well & what doesn’t and the ability to identify what best practices would look like for the company.
- Influencing skills to be able to present solutions and implement changes through coaching of project managers and producers
- Excellent communication skills with experience in delivering presentations
- High attention to detail; demanding and meticulous application of quality standards
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions as part of a team
- Experience in critiquing the output of others to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks
- Clear and concise communicator in visual, oral and written forms
- Strong track record of working collaboratively within a team on projects
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking, and rigorous strategic approach. After a few years of hiatus, it is now getting its mojo back, under new leadership from Chris Woodward. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioral science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now commonplace, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious – to succeed
Be Imaginative - to push the boundaries of what's possible
Be Inspirational - to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening - to understand
Be Results-focused - to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.