Role: Front End Developer
Dare is looking for a Front End Developer to join our tech team on a remote bases. You will be helping to build and deploy large, scalable web apps and sites. The day-to-day role will be executing ongoing improvements and new functionality on the Barclays LifeSkills platform.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
This is an onsite role and you will be working with a highly cross-functional team of creatives, designers, marketers and brand managers all working together to bring our ideas to life.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Implementation of robust web applications using Angular, Vue.js, jQuery, vanilla JS with Umbraco CMS
- Building fully responsive, pixel perfect front-end code
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- 5 years + experience as a Front End Developer
- Knowledge and experience of Angular (1-4)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS, CSS3 animations and SVG
- Experience using Invision and Sketch
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working with responsive, CMS powered sites
- Cross browser/device testing
- Cares about writing clean, semantic markup
- Basic understanding of how to build accessible sites, apps and components
- Build highly interactive, engaging digital experiences for our clients
- Faithfully translate designs into fully semantic and interactive front-end
- Work with backend developers to define APIs, collaborate on CMS integration and integrate front-end ops into wider DevOps
- Maintain high standards of code quality, documentation, standards and security
- Succinctly communicate complex problems and proposed solutions
- Collaborate and communicate across teams, including design, experience planning, production, account management.
- Experience with task runners such as Gulp and Grunt
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Dare has an illustrious heritage as one of the UK’s pioneering digital agencies, famous for its creativity, innovative thinking and rigorous strategic approach. After a few years of hiatus, it is now getting its mojo back, under new leadership from Chris Woodward. Within the Inside Ideas Group, it has the opportunity to act as the ‘strategic nose cone’ helping clients deliver connected brand experiences from the inside.
Dare has always put planning at the heart of its offer, was an early adopter of behavioural science, and pioneered the discipline of Experience Planning. However, with language around ‘customer experience’ now common place, we need to make sure that our strategic offer is distinctive, and that it combines strong brand and commercial thinking alongside user experience capabilities.
We are a company built on our values; we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.