Role: UX Planner, Group Sky
Location: London, Sky Campus
A little bit about the role:
Dare are looking for a mid-weight UX Planner to work out of our client’s offices.
Our UX Planners put audience behaviour at the heart of the overall strategy so aside from the usual UX activities like personas, journeys and wireframes, you will spend time understanding how the audience truly behave, giving valuable insight on how we can influence behaviour through our creative work.
This is a full-time contract primarily based in West London with occasional visits to our Clerkenwell office. Working alongside a strong data, creative, technical and project management team, you will develop useful, usable and desirable product/service experiences.
Overview of the client:
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. We offer the best and broadest range of content, deliver market-leading customer service and use innovative technology to give customers a better TV experience.
The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating brilliant customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as transforming the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of brilliant design specialists working across multiple platforms – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.
What you will be doing:
We’re looking for someone who can simplify complex customer problems and deliver elegant customer centric solutions. This role of UX Planner is fundamentally the creative execution of the customer experience work across multiple projects and focuses around three core areas:
- Work effectively with subject matter experts and internal stakeholders to ensure that the digital experience meets the needs of both the audience and the business.
- Act as an ‘experience guardian’, making sure every customer interaction is useful, usable, desirable and builds the overall brand story being told.
- Employ user-centred design tools and techniques, such as audience profiling, wireframing and sitemaps.
- Think strategically and holistically, using journey mapping to aid understanding and ensure a consistent multi-channel experience.
- Be able to scamp and create quick prototypes to quickly bring to life the experience
- Keep up to date with competitors and industry best practice
- Manage your own time effectively including estimating timings for tasks.
- Be confident setting KPIs for the digital channels.
- Knowing the importance of Behavioural Economics and the role it plays in defining an effective experience.
- Demonstrate a desire to expand your knowledge of UX trends to innovate and evolve your approach to design problems.
- Drive the creative culture by being an advocate for all things UX.
- Close collaboration with the data, content, design and development teams.
- Confidence in, and the ability to champion ideas you believe in.
- A desire to share your work with a wider audience, across the project team and their colleagues.
- We’d love to hear from diverse voices who will bring new perspectives and approaches to our team.
- An experimental attitude and a willingness to learn
Relationship and Network Building
- Work with stakeholder groups both inside and outside the Group Product team at product owner and senior manager level.
- Promote user centred design practices internally and externally.
What you will need to be great in this role:
Professional qualities you must have:
- 2+ years experience in UX.
- Experience in similar large media company or leading digital agency.
- Solid understanding of visual and user-centered design, and how design can meet brand, business and strategic objectives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organisation.
- A keen interest in current trends in UX design and the ability to turn them in to cutting edge realities.
- Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs.
- A keen eye to contribute to the consistency of Sky’s brand guidelines, principles, templates and assets.
- A proactive, self-driven individual that has an equally strong team ethos.
- Proficient with the latest tools and applications such as Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Desired but not essential experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets.
- Experience designing for TV an advantage, but not essential.
A little about us:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
Other info to know:
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.