ROLE: UI Designer, Group Sky
LOCATION: Osterley, Sky Campus
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an onsite role with Sky. Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. We offer the best and broadest range of content, deliver market-leading customer service and use innovative technology to give customers a better TV Experience.
The Group Product Design team at Sky spends every day creating brilliant customer products and services across the Group Product portfolio. As well as transforming the OTT experience across Europe, evolving the Sky Q set-top box interface, and continuing to develop our market-leading digital News and Sports products, we have bold and revolutionizing plans for the future. A team of brilliant design specialists working across multiple platforms – we’re shaping the way customers enjoy Sky’s products and services.
Clever thinking and a brave can-do attitude is essential. The ideal candidate will help tell a number of evolving brand stories to the market in the most compelling and surprising ways possible. This position works with a highly cross-functional team of creatives, designers, marketers and brand managers all working together to bring our ideas to life.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
This role of UI Designer is fundamentally the creative execution of design work across multiple projects and focuses around three core areas:
- Support the Lead UI: Group Sky in shaping the day-to-day delivery and forward-looking UI direction for Sky, ensuring it’s in line with wider product and brand strategies and constantly breaking new ground.
- Lead by example by setting a benchmark for what good looks like through clarity and an innovative approach to your creative output
- Demonstrate knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UI and technology trends
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design
- Collaborate with design and development teams in order to create new experiences and evolve patterns
- Work closely with the design team to ensure visibility and provide input into group design critiques
- Play a key role in leading specific workstreams within the Group Product Design Team Plan over the next two years.
Relationship & Network Building
- Work with stakeholder groups both inside outside the Group Product team at product owner, and senior manager level
- Advocate the value of UI design and user-centred Design practices with stakeholders across the business
- Working with the team, stakeholders and colleagues to elevate our ‘final product’
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- 3+ years experience with a specific focus on UI design, or a Bachelor degree in a Design related discipline
- Experience in a similar large media company or leading digital agency
- Solid understanding of visual and user-centered design, and how design can meet brand, business, and strategic objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to convey complex design concepts clearly to different delivery skill sets within the organisation
- As obsessed with the finer detail as they are with the creative vision. Striving to deliver pixel-perfect designs, which deliver Motion/Interaction design experience.
- Strong motion/interaction design skills
- A keen interest in current trends in design and communications and the ability to turn them into cutting edge realities
- Strong background in gathering business requirements and translating sometimes competing business objectives into designs which meet customer needs
- A keen eye to contribute to the consistency of Sky’s brand guidelines, principles, templates and assets
- A proactive, self-driven individual that has an equally strong team ethos
- Proficient with the latest tools and applications such as Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to have:
- Experience working within an agile delivery environment, and in a highly collaborative manner with multiple delivery skill sets
- Experience designing for TV an advantage, but not essential.
A LITTLE ABOUT US:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
Other info to know:
- To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of the team, please see Our benefits.
- If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.
- If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.