Mid Weight Devops and Backend Engineer
London, EC1R 4AB
A little bit about the role:
Dare are looking for a mid-weight devops and backend engineer to join our tech team in the London office. You will be helping to build and deploy large, scalable web apps and sites. This role is responsible for building projects from start to finish, as well as helping the company to scope projects and deliver better products.
What you will be doing:
You will be implementing and delivering robust web applications using Python (Django).
This role will also be responsible for helping the team build out and maintain our back end systems in Amazon Web Services, using Lambda, EC2 instances amongst other AWS technologies.
What you will need to be great in this role:
You will be an experienced engineer with solid skills in web development, specifically using Python.
You will also have a real passion for DevOps practices in AWS. You understand AWS intimately, and you know the pros and cons of different approaches to automating infrastructure on the platform.
You must have:
- Experience working with, designing, configuring, delivering and securing systems and applications on Amazon Web Services
- Intimate knowledge of AWS services including EC2, Lambda and Serverless Framework
- Practical experience of deploying web apps with tools including Jenkins
- Strong experience in Python web frameworks, ideally Django
- Strong experience in working with MySQL and Postgres databases
- Understanding of how to write performant applications that scale
- Experience of working with code repositories (i.e. GIT)
- Good communication skills with the desire to learn and share knowledge
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience in infrastructure automation and configuration management using tools like Ansible
- Knowledge of Azure
- Knowledge and experience of using Docker
A little about us:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.
Other info to know:
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of the team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.