ROLE: Online Content Manager
LOCATION: Uxbridge, UB8
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
Dare and AYS (part of the Inside Ideas Group) are currently building a team for one of our largest clients, Hertz; a global leader in the automotive and transportation space. The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly - as well as the fleet management company Donlen.
We are looking for an Online Content Manager.
This is a very exciting role to be embedded right in the heart of a forward thinking global content team. Focused on pushing the creative and digital agenda for all Hertz.com and Hertz local website requirements.
The person that fills this role will have a unique experience of managing content online.
You will be working closely with a team composed of copywriters and transcreation managers.
With this role however although you will be expected to be able to work directly into a Hertz brand team, there will be reporting lines into Hertz marketing directors as well as AYS team leaders.
You will have direct relationships with clients and work autonomously within their team, however the role requires you to still be a representative of AYS and the Hertz onsite team business.
Our team will support Hertz’ 6 corporate markets (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux, UK) across EMEA, as well as work with the central partnerships, digital, CRM and brand teams. This team will serve as Hertz’ bespoke agency, working at the heart of their business.
Our team will work across the following;
- Strategy - social & content
- UX & experience design
- Creative, copywriting & design
- Editorial & publishing, distribution.
- Content production & post
- Data & analytics
- Community management
- Online content management
- Paid & optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Research client landscape information on the Web and other internal sources to establish authoritative information
- Work with a team of copywriters and transcreation managers to create a content creation schedule
- Standardize style and tone of all website content
- Maintain and update existing site content on Hertz.com and local websites using GatherContent and AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) CMS
- Reviews and edits additional text from other writers on staff for content suitability, grammar, comprehensibility and effectiveness across different languages e.g English, French, Italian, Spanish, German and Dutch
- Uploading and quality assurance of all content, including SEO optimised copy and images to the Hertz regional platforms
- Initiate and provide input for technical projects with our IT staff to create and improve our internal content management tools
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
As an Online Content Manager, we will expect you to have the following skills:
- Degree in English, writing, journalism, or related field (ideally some knowledge of the automotive sector)
- 2nd spoken language would be highly beneficial (italian, spanish, french, dutch or german)
- Expert web research skills to produce authoritative information
- Prior experience producing top quality web content
- Expert command of the English language with impeccable attention to detail and understanding of subtleties within the language
- Strong Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) e.g AEM and Gathercontent
- Strong interest in and familiarity with technology and the understanding of computer components
- Solid understanding of e-Commerce business, automotive sector, website advertising and technologies used
- You will be working with Hertz’ partner Content Square
- You will be helping Hertz for content migration into their new site and content strategy
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Basic knowledge of image manipulation programs such as Adobe Photoshop
We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
Not essential but definitely an advantage:
- Experience in automotive, transportation and/or travel brands
- Multi-market experience
- Languages spoken (Italian, French, Spanish, German, Dutch)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
Adjust Your Set is an award-winning strategic and creative agency, with a team united by a shared passion for culture and content. Through our editorial mindset we connect brands to their audiences, in ways that drive opportunity and change. We deliver this across three simple steps: think, make, optimise.
We work with progressive global brands to build bespoke teams that help to transform their communications and develop powerful content and experiences. These teams live and work right at the very heart of our clients’ organisations; bringing expertise, agility and pace to work side by side with client teams. This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
Dare is in an exciting new phase of our lifecycle. Our future is focused on Digital Design and Innovation, driving a forward thinking focus across all our teams, and helping strategically guide our clients in all areas of their digital landscape.
Hertz are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world, with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. Hertz’ International Head Quarters is in Uxbridge and employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities. We are working with Hertz to build a mutli-disciplinary dedicated team, which will deliver an end to end strategic and content solution across the entire Hertz customer journey.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW:
Alongside our excellent Benefits package, every Hertz’ onsite team employees can enjoy this collection of non-contractual benefits too:
- Free on-site parking
- Company sports and social club
- Subsidised canteen
- Free access to on-site gym and showering facilities
- “Friends & Family” discounts and additional benefits for a partner/spouse, including hotel offers and more.
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.