ROLE: Programme Director
LOCATION: London, EC1R
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Dare is in an exciting new phase of our lifecycle. Our future is focused on Digital Design, implementation and Innovation, driving a forward thinking focus across all our teams, and helping strategically guide our clients in all areas of their digital landscape.
We are looking for a Program Director to run a set of Digital Transformation projects for one of our most prestigious financial services clients.
You will be working closely with our onsite team based in Birmingham at our client’s HQ, with developers who may be offshore and with our technical team based in the London Hub. The Program Director will ensure smooth running of the programme end to end, from contracting, scoping through to final release and any ongoing support, will ownership of the operational and financial reporting, resourcing, and client facing and partner comms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The chosen candidate must be very technically minded with proven ability to work effectively with a creative team, able to interpret functional specifications and direct tour Technical Lead and Developers and partner closely with the client’s product owner and Programme Manager. They must also be able to partner closely with and collaborate effectively with the client’s other vendors and suppliers. They will also ensure that the challenge and requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team.
You will have the authority to make key decisions, adjust budgets and add resources and related project governance processes.
You will develop a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements and lead the Dare team in determining the best approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver within established constraints. You will develop processes to accurately estimate costs and timing for tasks and for project delivery, scope management and change control. You will also ensure that the team remains fully utilized and for client signoff is obtained at key points during projects.
You will coordinate activities of the project management team and have overall responsibility for delivery health of projects (whether by managing projects directly or by managing project managers on projects).
Make sure your onsite team feel part of our Dare Team, ensuring they run effectively and with maximum efficiency towards peak client and employee satisfaction.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT AT THIS ROLE:
- 10+ years agency experience.
- Be a core member of the onsite team (but also London Hub team and potential offshore personnel), helping to maintain a ‘One Team’ approach across both sites and all disciplines.
- Technically-minded in nature - we don’t expect you to know how to code but, you must be comfortable understanding the world in which we operate. Experience of Sitecore would be beneficial.
- Clear and concise communicator, to all levels of stakeholders both without your client, and throughout Dare and Oliver.
- Demonstrable experience delivering work within sold margins and developing solutions to margin challenges at the account and project levels.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project/account team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
- Expert knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.
- 3-5 years of people management experience.
- Client-side or In-house agency experience
- Financial Services / banking client experience
- Strong experience of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, VSTS is a plus.
- B2B client experience
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
An experience, design and engineering company Dare is a digital creative agency. We create products and services for the world's most ambitious brands, bringing together behavioural science, design, engineering to help make brands more efficient, effective and creative.