Dare are looking for a Front-end Engineer to work on a range of web application builds. This role will require you to work closely with our onsite design & creative leads to develop custom design ideas into fully semantic and interactive front-end code, as well as managing the interchange of data between the server and its end users. This role will also be responsible for the design of various web applications, to evolve them ensuring maximum performance, stability and security.
The role will be working full time on a long-standing client, a highly reputable high-end automotive company, which will be based mostly in London, but one or two days will be required to work in Farnborough on site with the client.
As this is an onsite collaboration working directly with the client, you should have experience presenting ideas directly to stakeholders, whilst working in a formal office environment.
You will be working as a part of a collective of engineers and designers from various disciplines. Dare fosters a maker culture, pushing the boundaries of our craft through experimentation, collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, SASS, CSS3 animations and SVG
- Passion for creative front end technologies such as WebGL, Canvas, Websockets and Angular
- Implementation of robust web applications using React, Vue.js, jQuery, vanilla JS with Laravel and Django as backend
- Building fully responsive, pixel perfect front-end code
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Translation of UI/UX wireframes to visual elements
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
Skills / Experience Required:
- 3+ years experience developing web applications
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Solid communication skills / soft skills
- High attention to detail is a must
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git using Git-Flow and Pull Requests
- Good understanding of server-side applications frameworks such as Django and Laravel
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms (such as mobile vs desktop), and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Good understanding of templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (Sass)
- Good understanding of JS task runners/build tools (NPM scripts, Gulp, Webpack)
- Standard 3rd party API integration and OAuth2
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, ability to crop, resize in Photoshop
Bonus Skills / Experience:
- Designer background is an advantage
- Umbraco knowledge