Join DAQRI, the world's leading augmented reality technology company, for a 3-month paid internship that offers personal and professional development. As an Intern in the Embedded Software team you will be responsible for creating and optimizing algorithms that drive our next generation platform You will work with our next generation AR glasses, FPGAs, MCUs, a bleeding edge Linux AR OS and kernel. Your solutions will have a strong impact on our DAQRI Smart Glasses®.
- Investigate and implement novel power optimizations on System, Kernel or FPGA level
- Harden the security of the system
- Optimize system core components for speed and resource usage
- Design and development of embedded software
- Analysis and optimization of existing algorithms
- Development of documentation and test procedures
- Research new techniques to improve speed, quality, and solve new problems for high-performance Augmented Reality computing
- Support system engineers and researchers with requirements and performance analysis
- Contribute to influencing our hardware
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong C or FPGA programming skills
- Strong shell scripting skills
- Outstanding problem solving skills
Our Team: DAQRI’s highly international team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts are making a large impact in one of the industry's most exciting startups. Our team of 25+ is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we are excited about new algorithmic solutions.
Location: Vienna, the capital of Austria, is consistently voted the best city to live in the world (Mercer 2010-2018 Quality of Living Survey-winner 9 years in a row). Vienna is known for its coffee culture, low crime rates, music and historical architecture. Living in the heart of Europe allows easy access to most major European cities within a short train ride or a short flight.