At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. Might seem lofty, but that’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives.
From Research to Production we engage closely with our clients and follow a User-Centered Design Process. We prototype, test, analyze and refine prototype again and believe that this fast iterative process is key to producing highly functional and intuitive experiences for this new technology where the rules have yet to be defined. As a UI/UX Designer, you will ideate and design Next-Generation Industrial Augmented Reality experiences that revolutionize the way workers learn, communicate and access information.
- Contribute to all parts of the visual communications process and present your designs to various stakeholders including clients.
- Ideate and design 2D/3D experiences appropriate for users working in industrial environments.
- Prototype, test and iterate on UI components bringing them from low to high fidelity for AR and supporting digital products.
- Conduct task analysis and user studies to bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex User Interface challenges.
- Define and document interactions in our design system to be used by the wider team and incorporated across the DAQRI product suite.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR/AR problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years working experience as a professional client facing UI/UX Designer or similar.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your mastery of design tools and ability to prototype in such applications as Sketch App, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/After Effects.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with Product Owners and Software Engineers to evolve designs and prototypes to scalable products.
- Experience conducting user testing and communicating findings to the team as actionable feedback to be reflected in product iterations.
- Strong communication skills, with an open-minded and team-oriented approach.
- Experience working with Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- Ability to design for and work in 3D.
- Experience with creating and documenting style guides and Design Systems.
- Experience designing applications for industrial environments.
- BA or MS Visual Communication and/or Interaction Design or an equivalent field with greater than 3 years experience.
DAQRI, the leader in Professional Grade AR™, empowers workforces to be more effective. DAQRI Worksense™ and DAQRI Smart Glasses® link digital content to the real world to accelerate productivity, communication, and key business processes. From the office to the factory floor, DAQRI customers improve workplace efficiency, safety, and their bottom line.