At DAQRI, we take enormous pride in our engineering to deliver the right product. We are tackling some of the toughest challenges in architecture, scalability and performance. We are looking for passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our Augmented Reality SDK team. We are looking for a Linux and C++ expert to maintain and extend our Linux-based Visual Operating System. You will enable core platform capabilities in our OS and expose their usage to application developers.
As a member of the DAQRI team you will be responsible of creating the next generation software that powers our hardware and software and make it available to application developers. You will work with vision based tracking and reconstruction systems, inertial measurement assisted SLAM systems, low-latency rendering pipelines, and UI/UX designed for augmented reality. Your work will contribute to developer experience of our internal app teams as well as customers. You will perform development of new techniques that will have a strong impact on use of our Smart Glasses.
- Maintain and extend our Linux-based Visual Operating Systems
- Help application developers to interface with native Linux services
- Work closely with firmware, kernel and driver engineers to integrate at OS level
- Look after overall system performance and provide debugging and profiling tools to developers
- Contribute to the design and implementation of our native SDK
- Taking ownership of code quality and standards, contribute to automated builds and testing
- 5+ years of hands on experience of Linux system software development with build configuration and customization
- 5+ years of experience in C, C++ and object-oriented programming
- 2 years of experience with the Yocto Project/Open Embedded
- 3+ years of experience with code versioning (Git, etc), continuous integration (TeamCity, Jenkins, etc) and code quality management (static analysis, etc)
- Experience with core Linux components such as DBus, systemd, Network Manager, Bluez, DBus, V4L2, gstreamer, etc.
- Computer vision and machine learning experience desirable
- Python and shell scripting highly desirable
- Prior embedded Linux software development
- Custom Debian Linux experience
- M.S. in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent field
Our Team: DAQRI's team of Computer Vision and Augmented Reality experts work on cutting edge technology and have a chance to make a large impact on one of the most exciting startups. Our team is composed of former academics with strong industry experience. We value high quality, robust and fast code. We put testing at the heart of our technologies, and we're excited about new algorithmic solutions.