At DAQRI, our goal is to change the way the world works. That’s what we work towards every day. We wholeheartedly believe that if you change the way people work, you change lives. To achieve that our DAQRI Smart Glasses boasts the most advanced sensor suite of any wearable or mobile device to date along with unparalleled processing power to back it up.
- Explore new ideas and concepts for future product development
- Perform optical design using Optical Design Software (Zemax) or other methods as well as tolerance analysis for manufacturability.
- Liaise with suppliers on design, tolerance analysis, prototypes, evaluation, testing and manufacturing support
- Evaluate system optical performance through design and prototyping
- Define technical specifications and production documentation
- 5 + years of industry related experience
- 5 + years of experience in optical design, including ideally experience using tools such as ZEMAX and/or FRED modeling software
- 5 + years of hands-on experience with complex optical systems development
- 5 + years background knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, coatings, illumination, radiometry and photometry, geometric optics, statistics and polarization
- 2 + years of knowledge and experience with colour science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- 2 + years of knowledge of standard tools and methods for data analysis and acquisition such as LabView and Matlab.
- Familiarity with Linux and knowledge of programming with C/C++
- Experience with Zemax dlls
- Feasibility studies, assembly and testing of prototypes, and developing new and innovative solutions to problems
- Troubleshooting and support on existing products and prototypes
- Strong communication skills
- BSc or Masters in Optical Engineering, Physics or related Optical Sciences, PhD is desirable.
DAQRI, the leader in Professional Grade AR™, empowers workforces to be more effective. DAQRI Worksense™ and DAQRI Smart Glasses® link digital content to the real world to accelerate productivity, communication, and key business processes. From the office to the factory floor, DAQRI customers improve workplace efficiency, safety, and their bottom line.