Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
We are hiring a Staff Engineer to help build a world-class software ecosystem at Dandy. As one of Dandy's first frontend infrastructure engineers, you will play a key role in the success of our team and company. On the Foundations Team you’ll build the core libraries and abstractions to support our rapidly growing product engineering function.
Our stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, NestJS, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, GCP, Kubernetes, Pulumi, Flux, OpenTelemetry, GCP
What You’ll Do
- Author and contribute to internal libraries that emphasize intuitive interfaces and composability.
- Create a culture of code quality via coaching, pair programming, design sessions, and code review
- Lead projects to refactor our software platform as we scale to hundreds of engineers.
- Help us define our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Help reinvent an analog dentistry experience and disrupt a legacy industry through novel and scalable system design.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders within Engineering, Product and Design to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Provide mentorship to junior and senior engineers in the team.
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Testing evangelist - you understand the value of tests and want to help others see the light.
- Genuine believer in constructive and respectful code reviews, retros, and collaborative problem-solving as the bedrock of a healthy team and experience utilizing these as mentorship vectors.
- Collaborative, pragmatic, and growth-oriented mindset. Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a remote-first organization.
Bonus Points For
- Deep understanding of React, CSS, HTML, and related concepts at-scale
- Deep understanding of a Frontend state management library, such as Redux, MobX, or Apollo
- Deep understanding of SQL and relational design patterns
- Experience with non-relational and event based architectures
- Familiarity working with Kubernetes and infrastructure as code
- Experience with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with cloud providers, and GCP in particular
- Experience building TypeScript libraries with great developer UX and experience evolving versioned libraries over time.
What Benefits We Offer
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.