Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world's leading venture capital investors.
Who We’re Looking For
Dandy is seeking an accomplished Controller to help drive the Accounting function within our Finance organization. Fully remote flexible, this role will partner with our VP, Accounting as we enter our next stage of hypergrowth.
We are looking for a senior leader with experience in successfully building, developing and implementing financial reporting, budgeting, planning, cash management, and process design strategies. The ideal candidate must be excited to roll up their sleeves and become a part of the business, rather than a traditional observer crunching numbers from a distance. In addition to owning the close and consolidation process, you will partner with our executives with primary responsibility to work across Dandy’s functional teams to ensure that all departments operate together seamlessly. You will lead the build-out of a scalable accounting team to support a rapidly growing, complex and data intensive operating business to provide the critical information flow that will allow Dandy to effectively allocate its resources during a period of rapid and sustained growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the month-end close, consolidation, and account reconciliation process, ensuring the team is appropriately structured to meet deadlines and communicate financial results timely and accurately.
- Partner with colleagues and consultants to streamline inter-company processes.
- Build and optimize accounting and financial reporting systems and tools.
- Provide insights of the financial results and close status to stakeholders across the company
- Partner with the exec team in preparing and/or updating financial and accounting policies as needed and assist in the application and adherence to those policies.
- Assess, determine and implement methodology and process improvements surrounding financial reporting.
- Provide oversight on other initiatives or cross-functional projects impacting accounting and finance.
- Proactively manage across finance to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information between teams.
What you’ll need
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an accounting role
- Foundational training in an audit role at a Big 4 firm, with industry experience to follow
- Proven integrity with an operational and solution-oriented approach to resolving challenges
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal and audit partners, and comfort interacting with teammates across departments and experience levels
- Aptitude for developing expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of finance, with a willingness to pitch in across new areas including FP&A, People and Operations
- Propensity to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to successfully execute to deadlines with excellent time and project management skills; including the ability to prioritize and quickly execute high quality work
- Empathetic and responsive, genuinely caring about customer satisfaction and ensuring that our brokers are heard and delighted
- Standout teamwork skills that help you harmonize with a range of personalities, and never be afraid to build great relationships with others in the organization to brainstorm, get ideas or ask questions
- Comfort in an innovative, disruptive culture
- Tools: Expert in NetSuite, Excel Word, Google Sheets
Bonus Points For
- CPA and/or advanced degrees
- Insurance, tech industry and / or startup experience
What Benefits We Offer
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.