Every single dental order that we manufacture at Dandy starts with a 3D oral scan and is milled/printed from a 3D CAD design. Computer Vision is a core company advantage, competency, and investment area.
At Dandy we are building a “business-in-a-box” for dentists, beginning with transitioning dentists to a fully digital manufacturing lab (crowns, implants, bridges, aligners, etc, etc, etc) - we deliver markedly superior quality (remake rate) and speed vs. the existing dental lab industry while slashing logistics overhead and removing transparency barriers. Dentistry is one of the few sectors that remains dominated by small businesses. Our five-year vision is for dentists to focus on caretaking while Dandy runs scheduling, insurance claims, supplies procurement, lab work, staffing, and any other business functions that practice owners are typically responsible for.
Dandy is scaling extremely rapidly; we have 2,000 dentists after 1.5 years in business, with huge targets for 2022 as we quickly digitize an analog industry. With that said, we pride ourselves on giving dentists a “small company” experience.
- Build Computer Vision models and tools that assist with all steps of dental lab design and manufacturing, including:
- Enhancing our 3D scan quality and richness by interfacing directly with scanner hardware and captured 2D images
- Extracting features from and segmenting 3D scans to provide feedback to dentists in real time
- Extracting features from and segmenting 3D scans and 3D designs to assist with 3D CAD design
- Work closely with product owners on a feature-focused team to deliver value quickly to Dandy’s customers.
- Be a representative for how to apply computer vision and related techniques throughout the engineering and product organization
- If desired: Help build out our Computer Vision function
- A track record of developing (3D) CV models and tools that were productionized
- A demonstrated breadth of knowledge in advanced (3D) CV techniques and supporting techniques; demonstrated ability to ramp up on new techniques/papers quickly
- A demonstrated history of artistry in creative problem solving - knowing the algorithms is only a tiny part of success!
- A math-heavy degree
Nice to Have
- Pytorch and/or Tensorflow
- PhD in the field of computer vision or equivalent
- Experience in video game development or CAD software development
- Experience with advanced ML outside of Machine Vision
- Experience with 3D printing and/or subtractive manufacturing (milling)
- Best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.