Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
You'll lead "Dandy Studios", our creative team of visual designers, video "preditors," and third-party resources to activate and evolve Dandy's brand identity across the creative spectrum in this role. You will ensure Dandy's visual identity is consistent, compelling, and category-leading. You'll implement and iterate on the team's process and program management structure to ensure timely delivery of assets cross-functionally. The ideal candidate in this role will have experience running a creative team that serves as an internal agency for the brand and a company-wide advocate for the consistent evolution of the brand's identity.
What You'll Do
- Complement our brand identity with your strategic creative vision and drive the evolution of who Dandy is across creative mediums
- Define what creative excellence looks like for our organization and ensure it is met across programs
- Serve as the ultimate owner for all creative programs including web design, digital ads, physical collateral, video & photography
- Push the envelope on our brand's creative activations to create truly engaging experiences for our customers and target audience
- Function as an advocate to provide a cohesive vision of Dandy's identity in all audience facing respects
- Recruit and foster the career growth of designers, video "preditors", animators, and other creative functions
- Work with the cross-functional partners across the organization to activate Dandy's brand identity and collaboratively further the brand's impact across the organization
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of leading a creative team at an agency or in-house
- 10+ years experience in design or creative
- You have a proven ability to establish a creative vision and be its advocate internally, but also seek out and gather both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- You are driven to create a visual identity that makes brands stand out in the market and instills deeply passionate responses from our audience
- A proven track record in marketing web design, digital ads, physical collateral, video & photography are a must
- The ability to balance creative excellence in assets with commercial needs
- Deep experience with visual storytelling across all forms of digital media, events/conferences, advertising, and more
- You lead with passion and vision and inspire others to deliver their best work while keeping them engaged and fulfilled.
- You are an invested partner in the careers of the members of your teams
- You have expertise in leading and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams to execute at the pace of the business while ensuring consistency and quality of deliverables
- Experience scaling a team consisting of various backgrounds and skill levels aligned to the company's growth
- A robust portfolio that shows your creativity across mediums and tells the story of your program management skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience implementing a user experience or user interface tool such as Figma.
- Experience working in a creative agency (internal or external) serving B2B or B2C audiences at scale
- Experience with data-driven reporting on creative effectiveness and team performance
- Outstanding professional references to share
- Experience with two-sided “marketplace” models
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work!
What Benefits We Offer
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.