Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world's leading venture capital investors.
Check out the latest news from our engineering team here.
Here are a few things you will work on
- Manage the team that design and implement features in our backend server and API stack that power our applications
- Designing a routing system to balance order volume across dental labs based on order type, point-in-time dental lab capacity, dentist preferences, and a variety of other factors to ensure the best combination of price, turnaround time, and quality is delivered to dentists.
- Building new products and workflows from the ground up as we expand our marketplace.
- Write code in a diverse ecosystem that can be a mix of TypeScript, Amazon Web Services, and C#.
- Technical leadership: be a gatekeeper for a high code quality bar, architectural designs, and pragmatic vs. long-term approaches
- Advocate for agreement between product and feature teams on requirements, architecture decisions, and implementation details
- Someone that likes to figure things out, and a hands-on manager who loves to code.
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- An experienced, full-stack, technical engineer who has shipped multiple versions of products at different companies.
- An Engineering Manager with 5+ years of management experience.
- You've managed teams of 10+ individual contributors reporting to you
- An expert in building web applications in frameworks such as NestJS, Express, Rails, or Flask.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Fully-covered gym membership
- Flexible vacation policy