We are looking for resourceful data analysts to own some of our highest impact problems.
Dandy’s Data program is racing to catch up to the rest of the company. Dandy has extraordinarily complex operational and technical challenges (and some very impressive people working to meet these challenges) - data is one of the central keys to its success. The opportunities for personal growth in this position are extremely high. You will be pushed to the edge of your comfort zone but strongly supported technically and organizationally by a kind, diverse, low ego, extremely intelligent, extremely effective team. Dandy is an extremely high growth startup - though the company is on a rocketship trajectory, it is still early enough to get started within the positive environment of a smaller organization.
Data analysts own everything from data stewardship through to strategy analysis, including: structuring the problem and key metrics, data capture design, analytic frameworks, product design analysis, data/analysis accessibility for business partners, deep-dive strategic analyses. Your role will be problem(s)-based, and will likely involve driving all of these components. Data analysts here become relatively independent technically - we say that our analysts are “full stack”. We serve every department in the company.
Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. You can see our current offerings here (note that the list is expanding quickly!). Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world's leading venture capital investors.
Data Analytics and Data Science are a fundamental part of Dandy’s core offerings and are key pillars for its success. We are constantly adding new product offerings or taking over more pieces of our (very complex) supply chain, and we suspect that there will be plenty of very interesting fundamental data problems for a very long time.
About Dandy Data
Dandy’s data program is newly led by a team with a proven track record of building data practices at hypergrowth companies. We are all aligned on the mission of propelling the company to market dominance. Simultaneously, we also believe that promoting individual growth is part and parcel of this mission and the best way to achieve success. Whether you want to grow technically (self-directed training days every quarter, technical discussions at dandy run from analytics tools through to ML for point-cloud image segmentation) or organizationally (all work is highly cross functional, we want you to be as independent as possible as quickly as possible, opportunities for management exist as well if that interests you) we think Dandy is the place for you. You will be strongly supported in pushing your comfort zone as far out as makes sense, and the opportunities for doing that here are much more numerous than most places. We also have some pretty cool custom Data infrastructure and tooling which we like to think makes every analyst on our team several times more effective than under a regular paradigm.
- Own every part of the data and strategy cycle for your problem(s) - data capture design, strategy and metrics development, analytics frameworks, accessible reporting, coaching of business stakeholders, deep dive analyses, etc
- Be a cross functional leader, bringing together all business groups and technical groups to get the job done
- Own your problem space itself. Be a full partner to business/technical stakeholders.
Ask the questions no one has thought of, and figure out when a full reframing might be necessary.
- Own all data delivery and reporting for your space
- Technical dexterity: you will get up to speed on SQL + very basic python in your first few days and then add on new tools/methods/etc thereafter as is relevant to your problem space
- Analytic mind and methodical approach.
- You onboard onto new business problems quickly and can think just like your stakeholders.
- Ability to understand a complex problem space quickly from angles such as data capture, data availability/accessibility/communication, product design, process design, machine intelligence techniques for scaling
- Desire to work cross functionally and learn how to lead cross functional projects
- Communication: (1) you already communicate effectively with a technical audience (2) you cam communicate effectively and independently with a wide range of non-technical stakeholders and desire to keep improving here
- Track record of ownership
- Track record of curiosity and motivation
- Dentistry experience is not required!
- DBT + Looker + python experience
- Advanced experience in any of the above requirements
- Basic ML
- Direct experience in Data Analytics
- An advanced technical degree