Dandy is transforming the massive ($200B) but antiquated dental industry. Backed by some of the world's leading venture capital investors, we are on an ambitious mission to integrate and simplify every function of the dental practice through technology. By building the operating system for every dental office in America, Dandy is empowering dentists with technology, innovation, and world-class support to achieve more for their practice, their people, and their patients.
About the Role
Looking for a new challenge? Our product design team is growing. To thrive in this role, you’ll have 5+ years experience in Product Design experience under your belt, preferably in tech startups whose customer touchpoints are as much physical as they are digital. You’ll be an end-to-end designer, being able to take a problem from brief, through strategic thinking, user research, wireframes, pixel-perfect design and testing. You’ll be a part of the product team and work alongside our lead designer with product managers and engineers to create solutions that are viable, feasible, usable and delightful.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers to design and build products that solve our customer’s needs, are feasible to implement and deliver on our business goals
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions, build prototypes, test ideas, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Shape the vision for the user experience and foster a culture of design in the business, being a flag-bearer for user-centered design
- Maintain and evolve our design system
- See both the forest and the trees: think big picture, execute fine details
- Plan for the long term while navigating short-term tradeoffs
- Level up team practice and processes
What We're Looking For
- More than 5 years experience and proven ability of leading a project from beginning to end
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills, specifically in the implementation of user testing and research throughout the design process
- Solid experience in prototyping and interaction design (preferably in Figma)
- Demonstrate ability to tackle complex problems and deliver simple solutions
- Demonstrated comfort with an iterative, collaborative design process
- Strategic product thinking and vision. You’re more concerned with the “why” than the “how”.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, often wearing multiple hats
Bonus Points For
- Outstanding references
- Basic illustration skills (from icons to functional illustrations)
- Basic animation skills (to level up the feel of the product)
- Basic print design skills (for the occasional sticker or swag)
What Benefits We Offer
- Fully sponsored best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.