Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world's leading venture capital investors.
Dandy is hiring an Engineering Lead to manage and coach a team of high-performing software engineers as we scale our business through hypergrowth. As an Engineering Lead at Dandy, you’ll play a key role in growing the team, coaching and mentoring world class engineers, and solving exciting problems as we continue to disrupt the dental space. You'll constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, be given the freedom to solve problems on your own, and have the chance to mentor a growing team of full stack engineers.
Our stack: TypeScript, NodeJS, NestJS, React/Redux, PostgreSQL
What You'll Do
- Contribute to building our core engineering infrastructure, including new product features and enhancements.
- Lead and help grow a group of topflight engineers. We’ve grown the engineering team from 3 to 10 in the past 3 months, and have plans to get to 25+ headcount shortly.
- Work closely across different business functions, incorporating data from our operations, sales, and account management teams in order to craft elegant solutions to our most pressing challenges.
- Reinvent a broken experience and disrupt a legacy industry through novel and scalable product design.
What We're Looking For
- Software engineering leadership experience, preferably at a big tech or high growth startup environment.
- Experience managing teams of engineers, ideally pods of 5 - 10+
- Ability to understand how our business functions and how challenges and bottlenecks can be addressed through the engineering team.
- Collaborative, team-centric mindset. We are a small but mighty team and everyone must be aligned on our goals.
- Overall track record of professional and academic success
- With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested! Dandy is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team and none of the above points are 100% required.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience documenting coding and architectural decisions
- Experience with TypeScript
- Time spent at a venture-backed startup during hyper-growth
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work
- Best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and coffee
- 401k program
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.