Dandy is a business-in-a-box for dentists. Our vision is to become the operating system for every dental office in America by leading the transition to digital dentistry for the $200 billion industry. Headquartered in New York City, Dandy is backed by the world's leading venture capital investors.
Dandy is hiring a Vice President of Operations to oversee a group of high level operators that comprise roughly half of our business. You'll also work closely with the founders to scale our managed marketplace as we enter our next stage of hypergrowth. Your work will lead all aspects of our operation related to the customer journey, from onboarding, to account management and expansion, to new product launches.
What You'll Do
- Solve for scale: oversee and refine a complex operational system that includes initial onboarding, hardware and software training, relationship management, revenue strategy, customer experience, and order fulfillment/ logistics.
- Lead a group of top flight operators and empower them to build and run their respective functions. You will also make strategic decisions, backed by data, around the direction of each of these functions.
- Continue to build, lead, and retain top talent as the operations group grows in both headcount and complexity.
- Build new processes from scratch in order to meet scaling demands. You'll also work to refine existing processes to reduce inefficiencies and eliminate bottlenecks.
- Project manage new operational initiatives with stakeholders across the business (executive, talent, supply, product, and IT).
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of operational management experience in a high growth startup or tech environment.
- Track record of success in high complexity operations, having led operational strategy as part of an executive team.
- Experience building and managing high-performing teams, with an ability to forecast hiring needs and attract top talent.
- Flexibility to dive in on different functions to address granular issues and relieve stress points. You know what it's like to be in the weeds of an operation, but can also zoom out and see the big picture at a moment's notice.
- Experience creating data/reporting infrastructure to enable process analysis. You'll ultimately leverage this data to drive decision making across the organization.
- Intellectual curiosity and research abilities.
- Proven capabilities in evaluating operational gaps/ weaknesses.
- With the above stated, we are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested! Dandy is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team and none of the above points are 100% required.
Bonus Points For:
- Outstanding professional references to share.
- Part of a startup acquisition or IPO.
- Experience in marketplace, retail, healthcare, or related industry.
- Relentlessly positive attitude, strong sense of humor, and the ability to have fun at work.
- Best in class healthcare including medical, dental, and vision
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and coffee
Dandy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.