Dandelion is looking for a Design and Survey Manager to help scale the adoption of geothermal heating and cooling by building a seamless process that ensures high quality designs while meeting our production goals. In this role you will report to the Sr. Director of Operations and collaborate across all operations departments to ensure our field operations teams are well supported. The ideal candidate is obsessive about understanding the business, writing effective SOPs, using data to solve problems, building spreadsheets and models, and moving quickly to solve real problems.
- Directly manage a growing team of nine remote geothermal system designers and six on-site surveyors
- Create weekly and daily plans to meet production throughput goals
- Create processes, SOPs, and reporting to track and improve individual and team design quality
- Collaborate directly with field operations to ensure designs are being installed to spec and meet operational needs
- Continuously iterate and drive process improvements to help the department scale with the business
- Build spreadsheets and dashboards to track daily production and quality
- 6+ years of full-time working experience in the management of technical teams
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Experience with HVAC design and/or the aptitude to quickly climb the learning curve
- Natural curiosity and ruthless pursuit of better solutions and scalable processes
- Demonstrated experience building processes from scratch, as well as optimizing existing processes and improving outcomes
- Expert-level spreadsheet skills (Google sheets or Excel)
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical aptitude, and numerical dexterity
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated to deliver on projects with incomplete understanding of
- Demonstrated track record of owning departmental outcomes
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders
- You care about improving the state of renewable energy; you’d love to make geothermal heating and cooling accessible to homeowners everywhere
- Hybrid: Remote and In Office
- Must be accessible to working on-site in our Mt Kisco, NY headquarters at least 4-5 times per month
- Must be willing to go to project sites to better understand the business as needed
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support (on-the-job and/or virtual)
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road... and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!