The Grout Crew position is integral to the success of Dandelion Energy. They will be extremely driven, proactive by nature and excited about helping people improve their homes by switching to renewable energy. This role is a field based position and will spend the majority of their time performing tasks associated with the drilling trades. Success on the Grout team will result from teamwork, craftsmanship, communication, attitude and aptitude. This role reports to the Manager of Drilling Operations.
- Installing removable tremie line in bores
- Mixing and pumping grouting mixture into bores as per specifications
- Perform post-job cleanup
- Responsible for final documentation of drilling phase of operations
- Secondary support to trenching and drilling operations
- Primarily working as a 2-person team, but would support all aspects of exterior construction including drilling, trenching and delivering supplies as needed
- Experience with grouting or cementing operations is a plus
- Experience in residential or commercial construction is a plus
- You are able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Experience working with and driving trailers is a plus
- You're a prompt, reliable teammate and you possess high moral standards and a strong work ethic
- You are customer service oriented and organized with strong problem solving skills
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter–you get stuff done
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!