We are looking for a Trenching and Drilling Installer to join our team and help deliver Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems to homeowners in New York. The successful candidate will be assisting with the demobilization of equipment, mixing drilling mud and grout, handling drill pipe and casing, and operating auxiliary equipment between projects.
This position provides a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art drilling technologies while getting hands-on training directly from a Senior Driller. It is a unique opportunity to start a career in the drilling industry, without the risk of erratic market demands associated with the oil & gas industry. With Dandelion, you’ll be a part of a company dedicated to sustainable energy.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Eager to build a career in drilling and renewable energy
- Eager to learn and contribute to the wealth of knowledge from the team
- Enjoy chasing production goals as a team
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and engage in constant physical labor
- Personable, with the ability to share customers’ excitements and concerns.
- Primary working region in Southern Hudson River Valley and Central to Western Connecticut
- Operate heavy machinery
- Assist with loading and unloading of equipment and material
- Assist with drilling procedures on the drilling platform
- Mix mud and grout
- Follow all safety and quality regulations and instructions
- Keep equipment and drilling platform clean and orderly
- Perform maintenance tasks at specified intervals
- Perform inventory (stock take) as required
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment, and comply with safety regulations
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Rigging experience, a Plus
- Mechanical skills, a Plus
- Welding skills, a Plus
- Ability to safely lift weights of 80-100 pounds overhead
- Willingness to work weekends, if required
- Must have dependable transport and phone
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40 hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!