The Site Surveyor is a critical role as we continue to expand Dandelion’s installation capacity. This role is responsible for conducting technical surveys of homes and recording the site-specific data our design team requires in order to perform the heating and cooling load calculations used in system design. Home Surveyors will also assess and document installation feasibility, existing electric service, existing duct conditions, well-drilling locations, basement access, and any other site specific requirements that arise.
Site Surveyors are the first in-person contact with our customers and are expected to provide an exceptional customer experience. Site Surveyors are expected to work collaboratively with the sales and design team, as well as work independently in the field with minimal oversight. Site Surveyors are expected to deliver information and solutions quickly, adapt to changing business needs, and demonstrate a positive, growth oriented mindset. This position will report to the Surveyor Manager.
- Collect and document site data required for the design and installation of Dandelion geothermal systems
- Accurately obtain all required data points while at the property and record in the electronic database
- Complete internal scan of property to generate a virtual walk through of the property
- Learn drill rig specifications and limitations; types of equipment that will be used during the excavation process.
- Identify all critical building components of the home including the thermal envelope, mechanical equipment, duct conditions, electrical capacity, structural components, bore hole locations, drill rig access and other items as needed for design
- Identify and document potential red flags or hazards
- Upload data files and site photos using our proprietary software tools in a timely fashion
- Respond to questions from Dandelion’s sales, design, and installation teams
- Manage and follow a preset job schedule
- Possess knowledge of Dandelions design and installation process and effectively communicate the next steps with our customers
- Sales and/or installation field experience in HVAC, Solar, or Home Inspection (1-3 years)
- Understanding of NYS residential energy and mechanical codes, building science and general construction of a residential property (BPI certification is a plus)
- Knowledge of different technologies and platforms
- Experience with ductwork and duct sizing
- Familiarity with vertical drilling process and equipment and residential electrical service equipment
- Experience in rapid pace work environment with competing priorities
- Experience with industry best practices in HVAC system sizing and design (Manuals J/S/D)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Understanding of typical home building assemblies and insulation types
- Self motivation and a desire to learn
- Daily travel throughout our service area
- Clean driving record
- Technologically competent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- At times, ability to access tight physical spaces (i.e crawl space in a house)
- A team player with a high sense of personal responsibility
- Must have a strong attention to detail, are process oriented and goal driven
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.