As Dandelion’s Director of Marketing, you will have the opportunity to lead a team, develop impactful, cross-channel marketing strategies, create scalable go-to-market initiatives, and drive top-line growth for a clean technology startup. Dandelion is a Series B renewable energy company backed by leading investors like Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. You will be responsible for ensuring we deliver a consistent and compelling message across our channels and enabling our sales team with the assets they need to effectively sell our product. You will have a critical role in driving awareness of and demand for our product, enabling Dandelion to achieve our ambitious mission and growth goals.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deliver an integrated marketing strategy leveraging a broad set of channels including digital, offline/traditional, inside sales and partners to increase awareness, generate leads, and increase conversion at each stage of the customer journey
- Lead a team of marketers and SDRs responsible for driving qualified leads into our sales funnel and successfully scheduling sales consultations; ensure performance targets are clear, measurable and achieved
- Develop product marketing across our website and marketing channels to better speak to our value proposition and benefits; perform testing to increase effectiveness
- Evolve our website content, navigation and interactive tools to increase visitor engagement and lead conversion; improve digital analytics to better capture, report and leverage data
- Develop communication streams for prospects and customers incorporating email, SMS and phone calls, with clear objectives and measurable results in nurturing prospects and engaging customers
- Help lead collaborative efforts to develop and execute go-to-market strategies in new geographies and for new customer segments
- Think outside the box in creating new strategies for driving brand awareness and lead generation, tapping into our vast ecosystem of green energy providers, home services and community organizations
- 6+ years experience in leadership roles responsible for lead-gen performance marketing, GTM strategy and execution, site content optimization, and campaign management
- Demonstrated results driving top-line sales growth through a variety of performance marketing channels, delivering new customer acquisition and increased site conversion
- Experience measuring and optimizing product marketing and website content to increase visitor engagement and conversion; channel-appropriate and consistent messaging throughout journey
- Analytically-oriented with focus on setting measurable targets and communicating performance results
- Nimble and scrappy, with an orientation to test quickly and learn from results
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!