As Dandelion’s first Manager, Business Intelligence you will have the unique opportunity to build an impactful team and drive analytics-informed business management for a technology and logistics heavy startup. Dandelion is a Series B renewable energy company backed by leading investors like Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. As both an analyst and strategist, you will have a critical role in enabling our sales and marketing team to achieve Dandelion’s ambitious mission and growth.
The scale and scope of our sales pipeline and marketing activities means you will attack complex, interesting, and impactful questions. You will have the opportunity to help shape Marketing strategy and uncover opportunities for growth through analytics-driven recommendations and informed decision making. You will be a central resource with ownership of multiple project lanes and support a wide variety of data-centric needs, including predictive modeling, business forecasting, data-driven guidance on capacity planning and marketing spend, and designing and delivering reporting as well as ad hoc analyses.
What You Will Do:
- Partner across the various growth teams to understand evolving business drivers and priorities, determine measurement approaches, report on performance and generate actionable insights
- Develop complex forecasting models and methodology to effectively predict full funnel activity across multiple regions to inform sales and operations capacity planning
- Build data models and expand business dashboards in Looker, surface insights to business users and help teams to better understand and act on data and key metrics
- Perform ad hoc deep dive and exploratory analyses; package and present insights and recommendations to partners to inform decisions
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines underlying dashboards to ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in a senior Analytics, Data Science or relevant data-driven team role
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and other languages, BI reporting (i.e. Chart.io, Looker, Tableau) and databases (dimensional and relational)
- Demonstrated experience with predictive modeling, funnel forecasting and propensity modeling that has been used to inform business decisions and spend
- Experience developing analytical frameworks with metrics to measure ongoing business performance and understand key performance drivers
- Familiarity with web analytics packages and tracking platform
- Excellent communication skills and ability to transform data into a digestible and presentable story based on the audience
- A high degree of motivation to be proactive and go above and beyond the task at hand
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!