As Dandelion’s first Director of Sales Strategy and Operations, you will have the unique opportunity to build an impactful team and drive sales performance and process improvements for a technology and logistics heavy startup. Dandelion is a Series B renewable energy company backed by leading investors like Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. As both an analyst and strategist, you will have a critical role in enabling our front-line sales teams to achieve Dandelion’s ambitious mission and growth.
You will provide direction, guidance and development to the Sales team in order to accomplish company growth initiatives. Your mandate includes continual evaluation and recommendations for process improvement and pursuit of strategy for future sales operations.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute continuous process improvement within the sales organization to increase efficiency and effectiveness of processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement new hire training programs, including but not limited to product knowledge, best practices, role plays, overcoming obstacles, processes and procedures and other critical operational areas
- Partner with sales leaders and product marketing to plan and execute effective go-to-marketing launches for new products, regional territory expansions, etc.
- Collaborate with Analytics team on funnel forecasting, quota management, etc.; manage monthly sales compensation processing
- Lead administration of incentive compensation programs. Partner with sales leadership to evolve plans
- Identify and champion new enablement technologies, tools and processes, managing rollout and adoption
- Create an open-communication climate in order to gather teams' feedback regarding other potential training options or areas of opportunity
Required skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in sales operations, marketing operations, strategic planning or similar experience.
- Demonstrated experience supporting sales teams’ compensation, training and new product launch programs
- Proven quantitative skills, experience building reports and analyzing data to understand business drivers and inform business decisions
- High attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills, a data-driven mindset, and effective communication skills
- Proven ability to problem-solve, anticipate issues/concerns, troubleshoot problems, and proactively institute creative solutions
- Ability to work with remote team members and cross-functional teams in a collaborative fashion to ensure success and produce results
- Self-motivated and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!