Our Regional Operations Manager is responsible for managing Dandelion's Operations in Connecticut, and is instrumental to the success of our Geothermal System installations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional to help shape the way our teams execute and install in a scalable repeatable way while maintaining quality and customer centric approach.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate and oversee the scale-up of a new operations center
- Start from an empty warehouse and scale up to a fully functioning operations center
- Work together with our Supply Chain team to prepare the warehouse for office and warehouse occupancy
- Make initial hiring decisions to form crews and start installations
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Dandelion’s regional installation center including responsibility for:
- Overall revenue, costs, and expenses (P&L) of Dandelion’s regional installation center.
- Installation throughput
- Develop a monthly project plan (i.e. total heat pumps installed) in collaboration with key Dandelion stakeholders.
- Execute against that plan by closely monitoring installation performance to ensure projects and the business are on track to meet our goals.
- Identify and implement business changes and process improvements to increase operational efficiency (i.e. increased throughput, zero punch-list) in collaboration with installation crews and Dandelion stakeholders.
- Job preparation
- Review project scopes, allocated labor hours, and site specific conditions with the crew lead in advance of project start date to identify and eliminate difficulties with executing on time and within budget.
- Ensure the crews are set up with the tools and materials to do their job safely, efficiently, and with high quality.
- Job Close-out
- Track daily project progress and close-out procedures to ensure projects are being successfully closed out by crew leads.
- Create, track, and coordinate closure of project punch-list items.
- Manage customer communication and escalations with a high degree of customer service while a project is actively being installed.
- Safety and Quality
- Deliver a weekly "toolbox talk” in the warehouse to deliver important safety and quality information to all crews.
- Ensure crews are properly trained and performing work safely in collaboration with Dandelion’s Safety Coordinator.
- Enforce continuous quality improvement in collaboration with Dandelion’s in-house engineering and installation experts.
- Personnel Management
- Directly manage crew members; heat pump installers, drillers, trenchers
- Hire, coach, and provide ongoing performance assessment of each crew member.
- Develop crew leadership skills to take on more project planning responsibilities and ownership.
Who you are
- 5+ years managing trades people in a production oriented environment; i.e. meeting quotas, driving daily performance, following/developing standards and protocols.
- Experience with residential or commercial HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading a group of people toward a common goal.
- High sense of responsibility for the success of your regional installation center.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new information.
- Excellent ability to identify problems and take effective action to minimize impact.
- Strong problem solving and action/solutions orientation.
- construction is ideal but expertise is not a requirement.
- Fluent in working and collaborating via email/Slack, project management software, word, and spreadsheet documents.
- Comfortable with significant growth and overall business change.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!