A Dandelion Energy Consultant performs virtual consultations with qualified, prospective customers who are interested in utilizing geothermal for heating and cooling their homes. Our Energy Consultants are responsible for all aspects of the customer experience prior to the project transfer to the Dandelion Operations for the installation stage. During our consultations you'll walk the potential client through site viability, economic benefits, ancillary benefits, system features, design explanations, incentives and credits, financing and payment options, accurate expectation- setting and any other topics related to the overall value proposition of switching to geothermal with Dandelion.
You will provide exemplary customer service, actively work to supplement lead volume with referrals and networking efforts, and meet sales quotas of residential geothermal systems utilizing a customer-focused, consultative approach. As a primary representative of the company, a Dandelion Energy Consultant will be professional and knowledgeable with strong verbal and written communication skills. You will also work closely and productively with other departments (Marketing, Customer Care, Field Ops, Finance, etc) to ensure a successful customer journey.
- Virtual, web-based sales of residential geothermal systems; demonstrating value and closing deals, while setting accurate and realistic expectations.
- Full cycle customer service, from consultation to design to financing to contract and ultimately relationship management and referral generation
- Working together with teammates to continually refine and improve processes, and across departments to achieve company goals.
- You have a minimum of two (2) years of consultative sales experience -- ideally in Energy, HVAC or a related industry -- with demonstrated success. Experience in virtual/web-based sales is preferred, but not required.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter-- you get stuff done.
- You’re outgoing, warm, and feel confident chatting with new people.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!