As Dandelion’s first Product Marketing Manager, you will have the unique opportunity to create scalable go-to-market strategies and quickly-evolving product messaging for a clean technology startup. Dandelion is a Series B renewable energy company backed by leading investors like Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. Sitting at the intersection of marketing, sales and product, you will be responsible for both customer-facing messaging and sales-enabling materials, and distilling customer insights to inform our product roadmap. You will have a critical role in driving demand for our product, enabling Dandelion to achieve our ambitious mission and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a robust set of product marketing collateral to help sales teams effectively sell our product and service, and customers to understand the benefits of our geothermal heating and cooling system
- Create tailored, audience-specific messaging to address the needs of different types of Dandelion customers, driving demand through multiple channels and sales funnels
- Develop website content to better describe our products and services, inspiring engagement and conversion
- Create and execute go-to-market strategies and campaigns supporting all new product and service launches, regional expansions and new customer segments; responsible for sales enablement materials and channel-specific marketing campaign messaging
- Partner with marketing to adapt product messaging to relevant channels, including digital and traditional acquisition channels, social media, event and hyper-local marketing, email and trade collateral
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure new team members are quickly onboarded with sufficient skills and knowledge to effectively service prospective customers
- Distill customer insights to understand value-creating product enhancements, and work collaboratively with product development teams to prioritize opportunities
Required skills and experience:
- 3-4 years in a product marketing role, developing effective, creative messaging for a variety of target audiences
- Ability to develop overarching product messaging and positioning tailored to relevant audiences and marketing channels
- Experience supporting inside sales teams with training and enablement materials
- Experience gathering customer insights and translating them into actionable feedback for product development and sales effectiveness
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!