Dandelion is hiring a Director of Accounting to join our team. We are looking for a thoughtful and strategic accounting leader with a hands-on approach for day to day financial operations, a strong track record of establishing/integrating new processes and systems, and a passion for motivating and developing people. As a key member of the team, you will oversee all aspects of financial accounting, treasury, audits, and compliance. You will also work closely with other leaders and teams across the company to design, implement, and manage policies and procedures related to month-end close, revenue recognition, A/P, A/R, payroll, and other accounting operations using modern processes and tools. This is an opportunity to play an influential role at a Series B renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. Our commitment to you is to continue to thoughtfully grow people and careers in a values and results-driven work environment at Dandelion.
What you’ll do
- Lead monthly close processes, annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Provide ongoing financial reporting to Dandelion management
- Evaluate, implement, and maintain systems including but not limited to accounting software, inventory management, and payables/receivables tracking
- Manage company treasury and risk functions
- Prepare Dandelion for our first financial audit
- 5+ years of progressive accounting and/or financial operations experience with at least 1 year or more of hands-on in-house accounting experience working on a small team.
- Active CPA license required.
- Modern process and tools thinking, specifically working to implement, integrate, and improve on accounting and financial technology and processes. Advanced Excel and data management skills are critical.
- Strong strategic perspective and communication skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels and across all teams. You are able to form and express decisive opinions in a collaborative way.
- Creative problem-solving. You are able to not only effectively communicate financial results and trends but also recommend action when there are opportunities for process improvement or when results vary from forecast.
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Integrity. You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online, Hubspot, and Looker pluses, but not required.
- Experience in an emerging start-up or in a company selling tangible goods and services are pluses, but not required.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day one!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- 12 weeks Parental Leave
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our weekly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including BEV (Breakthrough Energy Ventures) GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.