We are looking for an HVAC Licensed Journeyperson to join our team! You will serve as Dandelion’s line of defense to improve quality, customer satisfaction and installation productivity. You will also be responsible for field activities related to the installation, service, repair and maintenance of geothermal heat pump systems installed by Dandelion and their installation partners. In this role, you will be joining a fast growing team looking to bring scale to the geothermal heat pump industry.
Licenses we’re looking for
- Connecticut S-2 Unlimited Heating, Piping, and Cooling Journeyperson
- Westchester County NY HVAC Journeyperson
- Installing geothermal systems including heat pump equipment, ductwork, high voltage electrical circuits, low voltage control wiring, and geothermal ground loop piping
- Installing new water heaters, electric resistance and heat pump water heaters
- Joining pipe of various materials (copper, PEXa, HDPE, PVC)
- Perform startups, test, balance, and complete diagnostics (e.g. calculate and measure flow rate)
- Read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, plan sets, and sequence of operations to ensure proper installation and operation of equipment
- Read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Follow detailed work instruction and collaborate in the process of refining those instructions to standardize work quality
- Maintain an open and collaborative line of communication with the Regional Operations Manager
- Must hold a current HVAC journeyperson license in good standing with the state and/or county
- EPA 608 Technician certification
- 3+ Years prior hands on residential or commercial HVAC experience
- Experience working with sheet metal and flexible ductwork
- Residential plumbing and electrical experience is a plus
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in-person
- You are customer service oriented and are passionate about the delivery of a high level of customer satisfaction
- You are organized with strong problem-solving skills
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- Because the job requires driving to our clients, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
Other Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30
- IGSHPA Certified
- Other Professional License-Holder
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!