Dandelion Energy, a Geothermal Energy contractor in New York and Connecticut, is looking to add Licensed Electrical Journeypersons and Apprentices to our roster. This position's primary responsibilities includes running circuits to heat pump units for heating and cooling, upgrading services/panels/meters, and ensuring quality/code compliance for the electrical portion of our Geothermal Installations.
- Complete rough-in and electrical installation of high voltage circuits to power heat pump and electric back-up heat
- Installing Romex, MC Cable, UF cable, SE cable, EMT/ENT conduit and fittings
- Upgrading Electrical Services to 200, 320 and 400 amp
- Sizing Conductors and Overcurrent protection
- Ensuring Safety compliance on a job site
- Project planning complete with material requests and scope of work verification
- Work under supervision with Dandelion’s Licensed E-1 electrician
- Based out of our Mt. Kisco warehouse location you will be driving a Dandelion installation vehicle to and from the jobsite
- Start most days at the warehouse though when possible you may be asked to drive directly to the jobsite from your home
- Typical work days start between 7:00am-7:30am and may be between 8-10 hours
- Connecticut E-2 Unlimited Electrical Journeyperson licensed
- License must be active and in good standing with Connecticut (license number must be provided upon request)
- You have 4+ years of prior experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of residential Electrical installations.
- Residential experience preferred but not required
- You are technologically savvy and are able to use basic smartphone and computer applications
- You are willing/able to train and develop aspiring Electrical/Geothermal professionals
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in person
- You are customer service oriented
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations
Other Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30
- IGSHPA Certified
- EPA certified
- Other Professional License-Holder
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Dandelion Energy is an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, we’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the US. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road, and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump and software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations, among other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both exciting and complex. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!