Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team and help take Dandelion to the next level!
What you'll be doing
- You will be responsible for managing the supply chain activities for Dandelion's Operations which includes residential geothermal drilling, excavation, and heat pump installation teams.
- You will report directly to Dandelion's Director of Operations and work closely with several people across the organization
- Manage supply chain initiatives:
- Identify supply chain cost savings opportunities, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies and work with key stakeholders to implement solutions
- Implement an inventory locator system and restocking process (i.e. kanban)
- Transition inventory management from spreadsheets to a web based software
- Manage day-to-day supply chain operations directly or indirectly through your team:
- Interface with equipment manufacturers for equipment ordering
- Order materials from vendors
- Stage equipment and bill of materials for crew pick-up
- Restock crew vehicles
- Clean and maintain an orderly warehouse
- Track tool inventories and maintenance
- Manage personnel:
- Directly manage a Warehouse Manager and Warehouse Clerks
- Provide ongoing coaching and performance assessment of each direct report.
- Support multiple locations
- Current warehouse locations include Albany, Peekskill and Mount Kisco NY
- Third and fourth locations being evaluated
- Travel between locations as needed
- Contribute to operations throughput:
- Ensure zero material shortages while maintaining minimum inventory levels
- Develop and maintain daily and weekly reports to ensure operational needs are met
Who you are
- 5+ years relevant supply chain experience in operational roles
- Experience creating/updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Experience with evaluating and deploying inventory management software
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading a group of people toward a common goal.
- High sense of responsibility for the success of your team.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new information.
- Excellent ability to identify problems and take effective action to minimize impact.
- Experience with residential or commercial construction is ideal but expertise is not a requirement.
- Fluent in working and collaborating via email/Slack, project management software, word, and spreadsheet documents.
- Comfortable with significant growth and overall business change.
This is an on-site, full time salaried position located in our Peekskill, NY warehouse location. Although onsite time will be required there is the flexibility of working from home as agreed to with your manager. Compensation commensurate with experience. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact at an early stage company in an exciting corner of the energy industry.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.