Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
The purpose of the Driver position is to transport, deliver/offload and retrieve/load assorted heavy equipment, and support with drilling operations in a professional, safe and timely manner.
An individual in this position may operate several commercial vehicles, including tractor-trailer, knuckle-boom crane trucks, and truck-gooseneck trailer combinations in a safe and efficient manner. He/she performs at a high standard of safety and quality. He/she shall have an in depth understanding of federal and regional driving regulations, and ensure compliance at all times.
This individual will be required to work flexible hours in order to assist internal drilling and trenching operations. Estimated working hours are approximately as follows, but are subject to change:
- 50+ hours per week
- 5-6 days per week
- Overtime after 40 hours/week
This position will be home-based, which allows the incumbent an opportunity to return home after work. In the interest of safety, the incumbent may be provided with an opportunity to overnight at hotels, if the day’s operations take the driver too far from home for that day.
The operational area consists of Connecticut and extends along the Hudson River Valley of New York State, at this time.
The incumbent for this position is required to meet and exceed the following experience requirements:
- Valid Class A CDL driver’s license
- 2 years’ commercial vehicle driving experience, within the last 3 years.
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment
- Ability to secure loads safely without supervision. Proven Rigging experience.
- Ability to complete daily reports and submit them within 24hours of each shift
- Ability to safely lift and move 100 lb.
Additional to the Minimum Requirements, the following items are highly preferred. It won’t be a “deal-breaker” if you do not comply with these requirements:
- Haz-Mat Certification
- 5 years Tractor Trailer driving experience
- Knuckle-boom Crane Operator Certification (CCO or similar)
- Rigging certification
- Ability to use mobile devices such as tablets to access maps, directions, and instructions
- Ability to train and develop other team members
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.