A Dandelion Energy Consultant performs virtual consultations with qualified, prospective customers interested in utilizing geothermal for space heating/cooling, and is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience prior to project transfer to the Dandelion Operations Team. This includes site viability, economic benefits, ancillary benefits, system features, design explanations, incentives and credits, financing and payment options, accurate expectation- setting and any other topics related to the overall value proposition of switching to geothermal with Dandelion.
He/she will provide exemplary customer service, actively work to supplement lead volume with referrals and networking efforts, and meet sales quotas of residential geothermal systems utilizing a customer-focused, consultative approach. As a primary representative of the company, a Dandelion Energy Consultant will be professional and knowledgeable with strong verbal and written communication skills. He/she will also work closely and productively with other departments (Marketing, Customer Care, Field Ops, Finance, etc) to ensure a successful customer journey.
**This role reports to the VP of Sales.
- Virtual, web-based sales of residential geothermal systems; demonstrating value and closing deals, while setting accurate and realistic expectations.
- Full cycle customer service, from consultation to design to financing to contract and ultimately relationship management and referral generation
- Working together with teammates to continually refine and improve processes, and across departments to achieve company goals.
- You have a minimum of two (2) years of consultative sales experience -- ideally in Energy, HVAC or a related industry -- with demonstrated success. Experience in virtual/web-based sales is preferred, but not required.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter-- you get stuff done.
- You’re outgoing, warm, and feel confident chatting with new people.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion comes in. Formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, Dandelion is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. We raised $23MM in 2019 from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures) and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up. Dandelion services are currently offered in New York and Connecticut, with further expansion plans on the horizon.