Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
The Installer position is integral to the success of Dandelion Energy. She/he will be extremely driven, proactive by nature and excited about helping people improve their homes by switching to renewable energy. The Installer role is a field based position and will spend the majority of her/his time performing tasks associated with the excavation trades. Success in the Installer role will result from teamwork, craftsmanship, communication, attitude and aptitude. This role reports to the Drilling Operations Manager
- Installing HDPE pipe/fittings
- Excavating and Installing HDPE pipe from Borehole to Heat Pump
- Responsible to bring landscape back to rough grade
- Secondary support to Heat Pump Installations
- Experience in Excavation or trenching work
- Experience with residential construction - is a plus
- Familiarity with irrigation systems - a plus!
- You are customer service oriented
- You are organized with strong problem solving skills
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites in the Mid-Hudson Region, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a real self-starter–you get stuff done
- You’re excited about building a sustainable future through technology.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.