Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
Dandelion Energy is looking for a talented Senior Growth Marketing Associate to support in all aspects of our customer acquisition efforts. As a member of the Marketing team, and reporting into the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for launching and optimizing marketing campaigns, creating relevant content for our blog, and managing our influencer marketing program. You are passionate about energy, tech, and the environment, and are excited to contribute to a high-growth startup. This is an opportunity to play an influential role at a Series A renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. Our commitment to you is to continue to thoughtfully grow people and careers in a values and results-driven work environment at Dandelion.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our Head of Marketing & our design team to brainstorm creative for marketing campaigns
- Launch & manage digital marketing campaigns across Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc
- Go beyond paid social, search, and direct mail to research and test new tactics, strategies and channels in search for the next frontiers of growth
- Analyze & report on campaign KPIs to key stakeholders
- Understand Dandelion’s SEO strategy and create content to optimize for valuable keywords
- Build relationships with potential influencers in the NY / CT region to drive referrals to Dandelion
- 1-3 years of experience directly managing paid social / SEM campaigns
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data to optimize day-to-day performance
- An eye for good design and a solid understanding of branding
- Experience with content marketing and SEO
- Bachelor’s degree (bonus points if in a quantitative field)
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and deliver results
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with data, especially in Excel/Google Sheets
- A natural hustler with a contagious “can-do” attitude who thrives in fast-paced environments
- Experience with influencer / affiliate marketing
- Experience working in or the desire to learn SQL
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered from day 1!
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.