Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
Dandelion Energy, a Geothermal Energy contractor in Albany Region, is looking to add an Electrical Lead to our roster. This lead position's primary responsibilities includes running circuits to heat pump units for heating and cooling, upgrading services/panels/meters, and ensuring quality/code compliance for the electrical portion of our Geothermal Installations.
- Installing Romex, MC Cable, EMT/PVC pipe/fittings
- Upgrading Electrical Services to 200, 320 and 400 amp
- Sizing Conductors and Overcurrent protection
- Ensuring Safety compliance on a job site
- System Commissioning complete with monitoring verification
- Project planning complete with material requests and scope of work verification
- You have 3+ years of prior experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of residential Electrical installations.
- You are technologically savvy and are able to use basic smartphone and computer applications
- You are willing/able to train and develop aspiring Electrical/Geothermal professionals
- You hold yourself and teammates to high safety and quality standards
- You are a great communicator via phone, text, email and in person
- You are customer service oriented
- Because the job requires driving to Installations sites, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- You are able to lift 50 lbs
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations
Other Qualifications (preferred, but not required):
- Electrical License
- IGSHPA Certified
- EPA certified
- Other Professional License-Holder
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.