Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
We are looking for a motivated Warehouse Associate who is organized to receive product and equipment, pick and prepare orders, and help maintain proper inventory in our Albany Warehouse.You will perform all duties in a clean and safe manner, always adhering to protocol and procedure to ensure smooth ongoing operations.
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational and record-keeping skills as well as attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude.
Your main goal is to ensure our operations have always an adequate flow of the material they need.
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures including, but not limited to unpacking boxes, unloading, and organizing the materials in the warehouse using a forklift.
- Prepare materials for upcoming projects by identifying, pulling, packing, and loading products (kitting)
- Use our current systems and processes to track inventory activity
- Collaborate with managers to determine supply needs and assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Maintain shipping/receiving records and document necessary information
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections
- Proven experience as warehouse associate- 1-2 years
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- Hands-on commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.