Dandelion is looking for a Billing and Collections Manager to own accurate and timely invoicing and collections. We are looking for a driven and hands-on team member who can communicate effectively with customers, employees, and third parties, and keep meticulous customer records in order to achieve monthly cash collections targets. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for invoicing customers accurately and timely, collecting outstanding balances, helping customers navigate financing options, applying payments into our accounting system, maintaining and distributing regular collections notifications to executives, and participating in annual audits and quarterly reviews. You will also be involved in projects related to improving processes around our more holistic sale to cash process. This is an opportunity to play an influential role at a Series A renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. Our commitment to you is to continue to thoughtfully grow people and careers in a values and results-driven work environment at Dandelion.
What you’ll do
- Accurate and timely customer invoicing
- Help customers navigate our financing options
- Collect outstanding balances from customers
- Ongoing financial reporting to Dandelion management
- Build, maintain and improve billing and collections processes
- Implement regular collections reviews with internal stakeholders
- Participate in monthly close, annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Two-five years of experience with at least 1 year or more of hands-on, focused accounts receivable experience working in a small team
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands” - you are able to meticulously keep customer records and associated reporting up to date and are proactive about escalating and following up on outstanding issues
- Modern process and tools thinking, specifically working to use, iterate, and improve on pre-defined processes and systems. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word) and G-Suite Apps (Google Sheets, Google Docs) is critical
- Creative problem-solving. You are able to not only triage requests efficiently but also come up with recommended solutions
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Integrity. You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity
- Experience in an emerging technology start-up selling to individuals or in a logistics-heavy business a plus, but not required
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- Team lunch on Wednesdays
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.