Dandelion Energy is growing exponentially! We are looking for an experienced recruiter to help us meet our ambitious hiring goals and promote our mission of reducing carbon emissions from home heating and cooling. You’ll manage the full recruiting life-cycle across a variety of business areas through strategic partnerships with hiring managers and providing best-in-class candidate experiences. This role reports to the Direct of Talent Acquisition and has the unique opportunity to make a huge impact on our growing organization
Let’s face it- we have the best job in the company- we get to play a critical role in defining a company’s success, and partnering with stakeholders as they navigate the exciting world of hiring employees in a fast-growth, mission-oriented start-up!
And to make things a bit more exciting you’ll get a chance to work on a variety of initiatives to enhance our processes, employer brand, D&I and candidate experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage the full recruiting life-cycle, focusing on roles across Operations, Sales and Marketing along with a variety of other areas;
- Build strong relationships with candidates, and work to continually improve our candidate experience;
- Partner closely with hiring managers on creative sourcing strategies and optimize our screening processes;
- Act as a brand ambassador, promoting Dandelion’s culture, mission and value proposition;
- Develop your knowledge-base on Dandelion’s business, culture, and market, and stay up to date on the recruiting industry’s best practices and latest trends, sharing with the team;
- Ensure the data integrity of our ATS (Greenhouse);
- Collaborate with the recruiting team, HR and other partners on process improvements, events, D&I, employer branding and various other initiatives.
Who you are?
- 2-3 years of recruiting experience in-house at high-growth company. Experience from a recruiting agency is a plus
- You are independently driven, with a positive attitude and a sense of pride and ownership in your work;
- You strive in a team environment and you are a great collaborator, willing to lend a helping hand and not afraid to ask for help when needed;
- Building trust and rapport with candidates and managers comes naturally for you regardless of those individuals’ backgrounds;
- You are detail-oriented, and hold yourself accountable whether you’re negotiating comp, keeping up on your candidate responses, or updating the ATS;
- Let’s face it, most people don’t know what is Geothermal Energy, so having a passion for learning, from best practices to market intel to new creative sourcing strategies just comes with the territory
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
- Team lunch on Wednesdays
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.