Dandelion Energy is looking for a Finance and Accounting Intern, who will have the opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience in a finance department at a renewable technology company backed by leading investors like Google Ventures, Comcast Ventures, NEA, and Lennar. We are looking for a driven individual with a basic understanding of finance and accounting principles who is ready for real-world experience. Under the direct supervision of our VP Finance & Strategy, you can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, create and implement changes to our quote to cash and procurement to pay processes, analyze financial data, and assist with other activities to grow the team. This is a paid six month, part-time internship with a minimum expectation of committing 15 hours a week in our New York City office located by Grand Central Station
What you’ll do
- Shadow members of the Finance and Accounting department
- Work as part of a dynamic corporate team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support our day to day field operations
- Learn how our month end process works and how our financial statements come together
- Perform audits of critical systems like Quickbooks, Bill.com, and Hubspot
- Support our quote to cash and procurement to pay processes
- Assist monthly bank reconciliation to ensure transaction completeness and accuracy
- Conduct T&E expenses analyses
- Understand how generally accepted accounting principles and practices are integrated into the day to day business environment
- Perform analyses on rebates and incentives available in the renewable energy space
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and finance in the renewable energy space
- A student actively working towards a Bachelors or Masters with some coursework or previous internship experience in accounting and/or finance
- Strong communication skills. You are able to form and express your opinions in a collaborative way
- Experience with Excel. You are able to create and navigate worksheets with ease. You are comfortable actively applying newly learned formulas and logic to your work with appropriate mentorship
- Attention to detail is a must. In this role, you need to be a “safe pair of hands” - you are able to explain assumptions clearly and concisely and are proactive about asking questions when you are uncertain about the best path forward.
- Creative problem solving. You have a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Prioritization and resilience. You understand when and how to manage to a tight timeline while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Integrity. You must be able to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Prior experience working with Quickbooks, Bill.com or Hubspot a plus
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.