Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
We are looking for a team player to join our customer support team. In this role, you will work with our customer care manager, and other departments to assist in providing an exceptional customer experience for our homeowners. You will be responsible for fielding incoming customer contacts, proactively reaching out to homeowners to resolve issues, and keeping accurate records of all homeowner interactions. Some scheduling and working with subcontractors will be part of your day to day.
This role requires an excellent communicator, team player, flexibility, and a great attitude. This is a great opportunity for a skilled customer service representative to grow and have a substantial impact on establishing customer service processes for the company.
- Provide phone, email, and occasional on site support for Dandelion’s customers
- Execute service level standards focused on response time and issue resolution
- Schedule both in-house and subcontractor site visits with customers directly
- Documenting customer interaction in internal Customer Management Platform
- Communicate internally and externally with homeowners, subcontractors, and across all departments within Dandelion to ensure all parties are aligned
- Assist in identifying the need, then assist with the development of content to address frequently asked questions (FAQ) and customer concerns
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team stakeholders in each department
Who you are
- 4+ years experience in dynamic customer service role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player, high sense of responsibility, problem solver
- Analytical, objective, process oriented
- Tireless and relentless advocate for the customer
- Proactive, self motivated, independent individual who works well with others
- You are highly organized and hold yourself accountable to complete the task at hand
- Willing and able to learn new tools and software platforms
- HVAC knowledge is a plus, but not required
- Availability for off-hours emergency response are required
***** We want to know why you think you are a good fit for this opportunity - please submit a cover letter with your application*****
*** The role can be located in any of our locations (NYC, Peekskill, Albany or remote)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.