Home geothermal technology was developed over half a century ago but has failed to reach widespread adoption despite being, on average, 48% more efficient than furnaces using gas, and 75% more efficient than furnaces using oil. While many HVAC companies sell geothermal heat pumps, they may only install a handful of custom systems each year, leaving them with little opportunity to develop or refine the specialized skill set required to enable peak system performance, let alone identify and manage inefficiencies at scale.
That’s where Dandelion Geothermal comes in. Dandelion, formerly incubated at Google’s X Lab, is on a mission to make geothermal heating and cooling affordable for homeowners by creating a totally streamlined process from start to finish. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. We raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
The Program Manager for Local Policy, Permitting and Incentives will build and run an organization that oversees, manages, and streamlines all organizational needs related to geothermal permitting, licensing, inspections, and incentive applications for Dandelion Energy.
- 5+-yr experience in logistics or operations, ideally in fast growth companies
- Experienced with new process implementation and roll out
- Leader of teams of 5+; experience with hiring and firing
- Education: a minimum of a BS degree
- Permitting and Inspections:
- Manage in-house permitting and inspection processing teams
- Work cross functionally to implement processes for shortening permitting submittals and inspections timelines and increase throughput
- Create a permitting database to record requirements per jurisdiction
- Select and deploy software and communications tools in partnership with field engineering, sales, and customer experience teams to streamline communication on permitting and inspection status internally and with the homeowner
- Developing relationships with stakeholders in town, state and utility companies to allow the completion of projects
- Manage and execute the different incentive programs in the company which includes State and Federal incentive programs
- Work cross functionally to implement processes for shortening incentive application timelines and increase throughput
- Lead initiatives to meet any licensing requirements in new jurisdictions Dandelion enters
- Independent thinker capable of problem definition
- Clear communicator, written & verbal
- Data-driven and analytical
- Team player
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance offered
- 401k plan offered
- Stock/Equity options offered
- Paid Sick and Vacation
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online based courses
- 40 hour work week, overtime available
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.