Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
The Site Surveyor is a critical role as we continue to expand Dandelion’s installation capacity. This role is responsible for conducting technical surveys of homes and recording the site-specific data our design team requires in order to perform the heating and cooling load calculations used in system design. Site Surveyors will also assess and document installation feasibility, existing electric service, existing duct conditions, well-drilling locations, basement access, and any other site specific requirements that arise.
Site Surveyors are the technical sales team’s first point of contact with our customers and are expected to provide an exceptional customer experience by providing an overview of our design and installation process as well as answering homeowner’s questions as needed. Site surveyors are expected to work collaboratively with the sales and design team, as well as work independently in the field with minimal oversight. Site surveyors are expected to deliver information and solutions quickly, adapt to changing business needs, and demonstrate a positive, growth oriented mindset. This position will report to the Technical Sales Manager.
- Coordinate with homeowners to schedule site surveys in a timely manner
- Collect and document site data required for the design and installation of Dandelion geothermal systems
- Complete site surveying data sheets accurately and neatly
- Upload data files and site photos using our proprietary software tools in a timely fashion
- Respond to questions from Dandelion’s sales, design, and installation teams
- Manage and follow a preset job schedule
- Effectively communicate the next steps in the design and installation process with our customers
- Sales and/or installation field experience in HVAC, Solar, or comparable (1-3 years)
- Understanding of NYS residential energy and mechanical codes.
- Experience using lasers and hand tools to accurately measure existing homes and equipment
- Experience with ductwork and duct sizing
- Familiarity with vertical and horizontal drilling process
- Familiarity with residential electrical service equipment
- Experience in rapid pace work environment with competing priorities
- Experience with industry best practices in HVAC system sizing and design (Manuals J/S/D)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Understanding of typical home building assemblies and insulation types
- Self motivation and a desire to learn
- Daily travel throughout our service area
- Clean driving record
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- A team player with a high sense of personal responsibility
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.