Dandelion’s mission is to enable the widespread adoption of geothermal. We offer homeowners affordable geothermal heating & cooling systems as an alternative to gas, oil, propane or electric heating. Dandelion began at Google parent company Alphabet’s X lab before launching as an independent company in New York City in May 2017. Dandelion now operates out of New York City and Upstate New York. The company has raised $23MM from leading investors including GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Comcast Ventures, with participation from Lennar Corporation (NYSE: LEN and LENB), as well as prior investors NEA, Collaborative Fund, and Ground Up.
If you’re interested in a job that’s exciting, rewarding, and has an exceptional team culture, this may be the job for you! We are looking to add a self-motivated and high performing team member who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, has a strong work ethic, can work independently, and who is able to deliver daily support to Department Directors and Managers from our Operations, Sales, and Administration departments.
You'll perform advanced clerical and administrative duties and anticipate needs and proactively provide solutions and information. The ideal candidate will cultivate, foster, and maintain positive working relationships to further goals and objectives. Work requires initiative and follow-through under general supervision. This position will report directly to the Administrative Manager and can be done from home or from our Hudson Valley Warehouse.
What you'll do:
- Accounting and finance support:
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Payroll support
- Job-costing support
- Gather receipts and reconcile monthly expenses
- Tracking and reporting on regional expenses and trends
- Vendor compliance and onboarding
- Vehicle fleet and warehouse management:
- Fleet, fuel and DOT administration and oversight
- Warehouse facility management
- Sales and contract support:
- Assist with Sales contract support
Who you are:
- 1-3 years administrative support, ideally in fast growth companies
- You are familiar with using Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Drive) or Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and basic accounting functions a plus
- Clear and effective communicator, written & verbal, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently using sound judgement
- Ability to identify and gather the information and stakeholder input necessary to make decisions and create processes
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- You are a team player who's positive and flexible
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day -- not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.